It's been (almost) 2 weeks since I first laid my hands on the Macbook Pro.  I have to say that I continue to be impressed with the laptop.  As much as I love the machine, there have been some roadblocks in getting things set up and working correctly.

The first issue was email.  I've run an MS Exchange server for the last 3 years for our email system.  I couldn't get any software package to connect to the Exchange server and work any way close to the level of integration of MS Outlook.  Obviously pretty much any email client would connect to Exchange with POP3, but that wasn't what I was looking for.  So, I finally decided to move our email and calendar system to Google Apps for Domains.  We were able to import the email messages from our Outlook folders into Google Mail. Now that we have mail going through the GMail system, both my Mac and my wife's Windows laptop can easily deal with email.

The other big issue this week has been with the installation of Adobe Studio 8. I've gotten it installed but none of the components will start.  I get 3 or 4 icon "bounces" in the doc and then the program just goes away. I see several entries like this in the console view after the program exits:

2007-03-31 11:39:51.583 Dreamweaver[1240] CFLog (21): dyld returns 2 when trying to load /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder

and

2007-03-31 11:39:52.332 Dreamweaver[1240] CFLog (21): dyld returns 2 when trying to load /System/Library/TextEncodings/Unicode Encodings.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Unicode Encodings

So I'm still researching how to get that fixed.  Thankfully, I don't need Dreamweaver too often as I generally use CFEclipse for day-to-day developments.